Hello and Welcome to Knottymoose Designs! I make FREE Blog backgrounds that you can use on your personal Blog! Be sure to snag one my blinkies to add a little bling to your Blog!
Comments motivate me to make new designs, so I'd love to hear from you!
Now... go have fun and start blogging!
All of these free blog backgrounds are for PERSONAL USE ONLY. You can use them on any Blog that does not sell anything or make a profit. Unfortunately if you use them on any other kind of Blog, you are in violation of the copyright laws. Thank you for honoring this request.
HOW TO INSTALL BACKGROUNDS
Make sure you set your blog template to MINIMA! And remember that you aren't going to lose your widgets by using any of these FREE backgrounds.
FOLLOW ALL STEPS ONE THRU ELEVEN
1. You need to have a Photobucket account in order to use my blog backgrounds. Don't worry... its absolutely free and easy to do this. Go to http://www.photobucket.com/ and sign up for your free account. If you already have an account with them then that's great!
2. Now go back to Knottymoose Designs and click on the background you want to use. It will bring the background up into a new window and you will see a very large version of it.
3. Right click your mouse and select 'Save Picture As'. Save it to your computer in a location where you know you will be able to find it.
4. Now go back to your Photobucket account and upload your saved background file . **** Make sure you select 'Reduce to' one megabyte file size when uploading your background. **** (see picture below for sample illustration)
5. Once you have done that, then you need find the option under your saved background picture where it says Direct link. Copy that link by highlighting it with your mouse. (see picture below for sample illustration)
6. Now go back into your blog. Click "Customize" at the top right corner of your signed in page.
7. Click "Add a Gadget"
8. Find "HTML/Java Script" and click "Add to Blog"
9. It should say Configure HTML/Java Script. In the large white scroll box below, copy and paste this entire HTML code into that area:
10. Now look within that code and find where it says DIRECT LINK. Leaving the parenthesis, paste the link from your Photobucket account where it says DIRECT LINK .
11. Make sure to hit SAVE. Your background should now be working!
To change your blog again, simply login to your account and replace the direct link code with the new background direct link from your Photobucket account. You don't need to copy the entire code again.
Each background that I have created comes with a matching Header. These Headers are designed so that you can add your own name and words using any photo-editing or software you own yourself. Follow these instructions to add a Header to your blog:
1. Find the Header you want to use. Click on it so that another window opens up and you will then see it in full size. 2. While your cursor is on the Header, right click your mouse and choose the 'Save Picture As' option. 3. Save the Header to your hard drive in a location you will be able to find. I like to save it to my desktop. 4. At this point is where you can use your own software to add any pictures or wording to the Header. Make sure you re-save it when finished. 5. Log into your blog and in the top right hand area, click the customize option. 6. This will take you the the 'Add and Arrange Page Elements' window. Under the blue Navbar area, click the Edit option in the Header area. (If for some reason you don't have the Header edit area, you will have to go to your gadgets and add the Header. Then continue to follow the instructions below. 7. This will bring up the 'Configure Header' window. Where it says Image, click on the little circle and browse for your Header. Once you find it, hit the save button and your Header should now be shown on your blog!!! Simple and easy!
NOTE: All of these backgrounds are for personal use only.
ATTENTION!!!! Please right click your mouse on the blinkie you wish to save. Save it to your own computer and upload into your own photo hosting website (ie: www.photobucket.com). Please do not steal bandwidth from this site or I will have to discontinue this free service. Thank you and Enjoy!